To minimize a JPEG's file size, you must experiment with the compression level:
- Select Save as... or Export As... in your image editor.
- Choose a compression level of 4 (or 40% in some applications).
- Rename the file, then click Save or OK. (If you save the file on top of your original, and you are not happy with the changes you made, you may have to download it again.)
- Reopen the image.
- If the quality is good, try a smaller compression level of 3 or 2 to compress it further. If the quality is poor, decrease the compression by moving up a level or two.
- Continue experimenting until you find the lowest compression level that yields an image of sufficient quality.
NOTE: Procedures may vary from image editor to image editor. Check your software's help documentation for further details.
Web Site Terms
Clipart.com for Schools
© 2015 Clipart.com, a division of Vital Imagery Ltd..
Also visit: iPHOTOS.com |